Clinical officer’s profession is among the first respondent to come into contact with the patients and clients. With expanding health care programs and facilities there is a need of increasing a number of health workers to provide preventive,promotive,curative and rehabilitative health services and clinical officers are at frontline.
Producing better trained health professional who should not only be effective in providing services but who should also be able to competitively access higher education.
- Communication and Counseling Skills
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Environmental Health
- Microbiology, Parasitology and Medical Entomology
- Basic computer applications
- Communicable Diseases
- Basic Clinical Laboratory
- Patient Care
- Health Policy and Medical Ethics
- Health Informomation Management and Financing
- Clinical Skills
- Health Promotion and Advocacy
- Operational Research
- Management of HIV&AIDS and TB
- Surgical Specialties
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Entrepreneurship in Health
- Clinical Apprentice in Internal Medicine
- Clinical Apprentice in Pediatrics and Child Health
- Clinical Apprentice in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Clinical Apprentice in Surgery
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Internal Medicine
- Applied Clinical Labaratory
- Pharmacology and Therapiutics
- Reproductive and Child Health
- Health Management Information Systems(HMIS)
Academic Semesters for the 2012/2013 Academic year:
The Academic year 2013/2014 has two semesters as follows:-
Semester I: 22nd October 2012 to 15th March, 2013
Semester II: 2 nd Apr to 23 rd Aug 2013.
Minimum Entry Qualifications :
- a. For Tanzanians:
- A minimum of O-Level 28 points with a D in Biology & a D in Chemistry. A pass in Physics, Mathematics& English are added advantage.
- A-level with an E in Biology &Chemistry. A pass in Physics, Nutrition and Mathematics are added advantage
- 3 Years: Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- 2 Year: Certificate in Clinical Medicine
Course Fee stracture per semester
All students should pay all the contribution to the allocated account numbers before the commencement of the first semester (These payments are for the First semester).
- 1. FEE STRUCTURE: CLINICAL MEDICINE COURSE
|Total Fee Structure First Semester||1,470,000TZS|
|Total Fee Structure Second Semester||1,370,000 TZS|
N.B: The cost for the Second Semester will be Tuition fee, Accommodation, electricity& water and Medical capitation.